Monday, July 11, 2022

Worth the Work





I've been thinking of a way to tell you about my posture and hit upon a gyroscope. Aren't the clowns with one in a suitcase funny? They pick up the suitcase, applying upward pressure on the gyroscope and its angular momentum causes it to fly away unexpectedly. Lately, the simultaneous and matched movement of my hip bones and how well they track my shoulders becomes important to my remaining pain free.   In addition, a lifetime of over use of my hip flexors means I need to train my glutes to work harder.  When I do glute exercises, all the inbalances of tone and flexibility in my whole body cause a very much gyroscope type movement from ankles to shoulders. I have to do these exercises in front of a mirror to validate the correct motion of my hips, but what I see is all asymmetrical. I correct a lifted hip and my knee bows out. I put my knee over my big toe and my spine twists.  The gyroscope of habit and asymetry causes much movement. 

Bloke with a briefcase








No comments:

Post a Comment